Red, hard bump on scalp

Patient: 3-4 weeks ago I noticed a bump on my scalp. Very small, and hard to touch. After asking family to take pictures it looks red and round with a yellow crust. It also looks like it has a circular hole in the middle from 1 or 2 pics I took. Which is probably the follicle. It doesn’t hurt ever unless I have messed with it. It does not seem like it weeps. Im a little worried and don’t know what it is.

Symptoms: None, doesn’t hurt

Red, hard bump on scalp-1 Red, hard bump on scalp-1

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor.This looks like a folliculitis.It is not an acne.However, it can result from ch ronic dandruff issues.I would advise following in such scenario:1. Get your blood sugar tested.2. To apply an antibiotic cream like Fusidic acid or Mupirocin locally over the affected area.3. If my patient has any dandruff I advise them to apply Ketoconazole shampoo thrice weekly.4. In case the lesion doesn’t respond to topical antibiotic cream I prescribe them oral antibiotics like Amoxycillin or Ampicillin.This should respond within 5 days after initiation of the Treatment.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helpsStay Healthy.