Red lumps that appeared behind ear

Patient : Two red lumps appeared inch behind ear at base of skull. They are painful and sore. Now pain in shoulder and back. No injury or allergy. They are a little squishy.
Symptoms:  Paim
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that these swellings are comedones (pimples). These occur when a sebaceous g land becomes clogged and inflamed resulting in swelling and pain. These should go away in a few days on their own. If you are in severe pain, you can have your doctor examine them and provide you with some topical antibiotic cream to facilitate the healing process. Try to avoid squeezing or pressing them as this may worsen the pain and can spread any bacterial infection that may be present. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com