Red patch on cheek

Q: What is this hot, red patch on my cheek?

Symptoms:  I have a hot red circle patch on my cheek. Not itchy, not raised. There are no bumps on it or around it. I do not have acne. It is just a red circle that is hot as fire. I can feel
It radiating heat when it gets hot. It happens in is not always red and hot. It usually happens at night time. It only happens on one cheek. Help! I've tested to see if food was the trigger and came back
With nothing...I've also been tested for lupus and came back negative. Help! It is embarrassing to all of the sudden get a hot surge come
Over me and have a bright red circle on my cheek that is hot as fire!!!
Red patch on cheek-1

A:   Thank you for your question. There are a number of causes of this type of rash you are experiencing. One cause could be contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis can be caused by an allergen in your environment. A second cause of this is could be due to cellulitis. Cellulitis can start as a localized infection such as yours, and spread throughout the body. Lastly, an insect bite could result in a localized rash such as yours. It is difficult for us to give you a definitive diagnosis as to what may be causing you rash. We recommend that you have this area reevaluated by your doctor. You may need to under go further blood tests as well as see a dermatologist for an expert opinion on your rash.

Thank you for choosing