Red penis and fever?

Patient

Q: I had unprotected intercourse with my girlfriend for the first time in a couple of months, we were both virgins before each other and have only had sex a handful of times. A day and a bit after sex I realized inside of my foreskin was quite red. It hasn't gone away and it has been 3 and a bit days. My girlfriend has recently been to the gyno and was tested for different things and was found to be healthy. however 3 days after intercourse I woke up with a saw throat which turned throughout the day to be a fever (headache, soreness throughout the body, sore throat sweating) and I am still sick, so I am now sick 2 days, my dad was sick the other day aswel so this might explain that? I have no clue what I have and all the web cites scared me with std etc and am not sure if the fever is related to the redness on my penis.

Symptoms:  Red under foreskin of penis, fever (headache, soreness throughout the body, sore throat sweating)
Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

The redness in the penis and sore throat are not related to each other. You mostly picked up the throat infection from your dad. The redness on the foreskin is mostly secondary to intercourse without enough lubrication. If you use lubricants this will come down.
For your sore throat, I will advise you consult your local physician who can prescribe some good antibiotic like Cap. Augmentin with a recommended dosage of 650 mg twice daily for 5-7 days. You can also take Tab. Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime for 3 days. This will help in clearing up the congestion.

Hope this was helpful,