Red Rash on Thigh

Patient: I have a few red bumps on the back of my upper thighs ,three or four,and one on my upper inner thigh close to my vagina. This one itches, one is about the size of a half dollar, the others are smaller.i cant make it to a doctor for a few days, is it so serious that i have to go to the er? Do you have any idea what this is?

Doctor: These bumps could be caused due to an allergy or an infection, which is difficult to say without an examination. If your itching is severe and you’re not able to see a doctor, try over the counter anti-histamines or topical corticosteroid creams. Try not to wear tight clothing during this time, wash the area with mild soap and keep the area dry.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts