Red rashes just after having food

Patient

Q: I am having red rashes any where on body,mainly seen on hand slightly hot and little itchy.It happens just after having food,especially oily foods,coloured foods,pepsi etc. Mostly it will last for 15 mins. Another fact is that in morning when i drink plain water these rashes come up,but that is not often. Its been persisting for past 3 months. I have seen doctor,had levo certizine it gives relief but not completely. what should be done with it?what test can be done?Is it good to take the tablet everyday?How can i control this?

Doctor

A:   From what you have explained it seems that you may be having some allergy to some of the food products you are eating. While levo cetrizine will help with the rashes it is a symptomatic cure and not a permanent one. The only way you can cure this is by avoding food stuffs that you think are leading to the rashes. try an elimination diet by eliminating one food per week and seeing the result. In case this doesnt work then you need to see an allergist for an allergy skin testing which will help identify what you are allergic to. All the best.