Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Red scar left by fever blister

Red scar left by fever blister

Patient: I recently ran a fever and as a result I got a fever blister in a place Ive never had one before, below my bottom lip, it has since healed but left behind a huge hidious scar. what should I do to clear this up, this is affecting my life, self esteem and pretty sure my hubby is freaked out by it.

Doctor: Time is usually the biggest healer of scars like this besides going in for cosmetic surgery. Some tips we would recommen d would be to avoid staying out in the sun too much. Another treatment that may work out very well for you which I have had personal success with is the use of an aloe vera cream. Another great product out there is