Red scar left by fever blister

Q: I recently ran a fever and as a result I got a fever blister in a place Ive never had one before, below my bottom lip, it has since healed but left behind a huge hidious scar. what should I do to clear this up, this is affecting my life, self esteem and pretty sure my hubby is freaked out by it.

A:   Time is usually the biggest healer of scars like this besides going in for cosmetic surgery. Some tips we would recommend would be to avoid staying out in the sun too much. Another treatment that may work out very well for you which I have had personal success with is the use of an aloe vera cream. Another great product out there is