Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Red urine, just started Need info on what I can do

Red urine, just started Need info on what I can do

Patient: Red urine,just started. Need info on what I can do,it just started, last night I had a headache and took these 2 large red pills were aceptamenophen

Doctor: Hello.This is typical NSAID-induced cystitis. This shall get controlled in next 48 hrs units own once the NSAID is m etabolised completely. You may need to increase the water intake to 5- 6 litres a day for next 2 days so that bleeding shall subside sooner. If the urination is not accompanied by any burning or increased frequency then there is no infection and the symptom shall be treated on its own. You need not panic, stay calm, drink plenty of water.Regards