x
176 Physicians Online

Question:

Red, watery and itchy eye

Since yesterday my right eye was very itchy and when I rubbed it and scracthed it it hurted alot and after that I looked at mirror and I couldnt open my eyes. It was kind of blurry. Its weird because when my allergy is acting and I scratch it , it doesnt turn red and it doesnt sting. today was bit better but it was teary whold day. tear was keep coming out on right eye I had to keep wiping the water as the win hit my eyes. what causes this? and what can I do to make the eye feel better? because it still hurts abit and redness is still there.

Answer:

There could be a possibility of eye infection that may cause itchiness, redness and watery eyes. You should avoid touching or rubbing the affected eye because it may lead to the spread of infection to the other eye. You need to consult an ophthalmologist for eye examination and medication for the control of infection to prevent any complications.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA