Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Redness near penis head

Redness near penis head

Patient: I have some redness and a small cut near the base of my penis head and seems to be due to unprotected sex with my girl friend with out proper lubrication. What can I use for the healing process?

Symptoms: Redness and small cut

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.This small cuts and redness is commo n after rough sex especially without any lubricant.It heals on its own spontaneously within 3-4 days. You should also avoid intercourse till it completely heals.If you still want to apply an ointment, you can apply Mupirocin ointment 2-3 times daily for 3 days after getting it examined by your local physician.Hope this was helpful,Regards.