Redness near penis head

Patient : I have some redness and a small cut near the base of my penis head and seems to be due to unprotected sex with my girl friend with out proper lubrication. What can I use for the healing process?
Symptoms:  Redness and small cut
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. This small cuts and redness is commo n after rough sex especially without any lubricant. It heals on its own spontaneously within 3-4 days. You should also avoid intercourse till it completely heals. If you still want to apply an ointment, you can apply Mupirocin ointment 2-3 times daily for 3 days after getting it examined by your local physician. Hope this was helpful, Regards.