Refill my ADHD medicine while studying abroad in the UK

Patient : I am from the U.S. and I am studying abroad in London until December. I take Adderall for ADHD and I could not bring more than a one month supply with me because it is controlled. I have been told that Adderall is not prescribed in the UK and that I have to see a psychiatrist for a private consultation in order to get a prescription for an alternate medication. I cannot afford the cost of a psychiatrist. Is this the only route in order to refill my prescription or find an alternate medication? I really cannot go without it since I am in law school and I have been on the medication for two years and my functioning is greatly affected without it. Thank you.
Symptoms:  I have ADHD and have been on medication for about 2 years.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Hey doc, my ADHD meds aren't working like it should be and I've been taking these meds (concerta) since I was 10 year...

Q: I'm 26 years old and I strongly believe that I have ADHD and bipolar disorder. I can confirm this assumption by own e...

Q: I'm finding it very difficult to effectively manage my ADHD symptoms as an adult. It's embarrassing and humiliating. ...

Q: I was prescribed Vyvanse for my ADHD and I actually lost / am unable to find where I had put the bottle itself contai...

Q: My child is suffering from ADHD and he is hyperactive. He does not make any eye contact, does not listen to our comma...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon