Refill my ADHD medicine while studying abroad in the UK

Q: I am from the U.S. and I am studying abroad in London until December. I take Adderall for ADHD and I could not bring more than a one month supply with me because it is controlled. I have been told that Adderall is not prescribed in the UK and that I have to see a psychiatrist for a private consultation in order to get a prescription for an alternate medication. I cannot afford the cost of a psychiatrist. Is this the only route in order to refill my prescription or find an alternate medication? I really cannot go without it since I am in law school and I have been on the medication for two years and my functioning is greatly affected without it. Thank you.

Symptoms:  I have ADHD and have been on medication for about 2 years.