Refractory Asthma, what is it?

Patient

Q: I have been told that I have refractory asthma. I am trying to find a definition of what is refractory asthma, that i understand. I am assuming it means that it is hard to control.

Doctor

A:   Yes, refractory asthma means that it is resistant to various treatments commonly used to manage asthma.

Patient: so if there various common treatments don't work or work well .. what would be done? i am currently better controlled than before. but what does the future call for .. or is it something that you deal with when or if the time comes?

Thank you for your response :)
Kelly :)