Regarding Strep Throat and scarlet fever

Patient

Q: Dear Sir or Madam,
Today my brother got a letter home from his school saying that there had been an outbreak of scarlet fever in the school. My brother had a rash a few nights before that and he couldn't stop itching himself. It lasted for 2-3 nights but has now settled down. It would only happen at night time.
When researching scarlet fever I came accross Strep Throat and when i researched the symtoms they were very similar to something that I had over christmas that could possibly be strep throat. It consisted off a slight fever a very sore throat, especially when swallowing. I was constently cold, had a general ill felling and a loss of appetite.
On the letter my brother got it said if you have any of these symtoms please contact your GP.
Since what I think was strep throat my throat has never been the same in my opinion and I have a dry cough that leaves me makin gasps for air when I breathe back in after the coughs.
I would like to know should we visit the GP about these problems or what your opinion is on them.
Yours Sincerely,
Patrick Mc Devitt.

Doctor