Rehab Post elbow dislocation immobilized with cast for three weeks

Patient : Physiotheraphy: I sustained dislocation in my elbow and it had to be worked on twice by different doctors before the bone finally got into its proper socket. I also had plaster of paris for three weeks. When the plaster was removed the elbow was stiff and i can neither straighten it nor bend it. I have just gone for one physiotheray session and the massaging was extremely painful. Is there an option for the extremely painful massaging. I am really scared about going for the second session. Thank you
Doctor :    It is normal that after the cast removal, the elbow joint be stiff and painful with the movements and to the touch, tha at’s why is so important the rehabilitation after immobilization. The longer the elbow is immobilized, the larger the flexion contracture and the more severe the pain. The first PT sessions are expected to be a little bit difficult and painful but the more movement and PT you do the more improvement you will get in the long run. It is a key concept in rehab post elbow dislocations that a short immobilization period (2-3 weeks) followed by and early, directed rehab process , allow early return to the daily living activities and sports participation.