Rehab post Osteotomy to correct leg alignment

Patient : I am scheduled to have an Osteotomy on my left leg to improve my alignment on the knee surface. My medial side has reduced by half as much on the lateral side. What can I expect for a recovering on this surgery and is this a good idea versus a replacement?
Doctor :    The decision between this surgery versus replacement is done by the surgeon considering several factors (age, status of f the joint, for example) in each particular case. The standard rehab protocol begins immediately post-op through 4 weeks, controlling pain and inflammation and using a CPM that mobilizes the knee in flexion (until 90 degrees)and extension, wearing a brace locked in extension and weight bearing as tolerated with two crutches. After 4 weeks the brace is unlocked to allow walking, more exercises to improve flexion, and still weight bearing with two crutches as tolerated. After the 6 weeks you may discontinue wearing the brace and crutches, exercises to strengthen quads and hamstring are a must (stationery bike), also minisquats and work on regain a normal gait. If everything goes fine you might return gradually to your activities in 6 to 9 months.