Relapse Stroke Victim

Q: Husband had stroke a year ago and was doing fine in recovering. But now all of a sudden he is relapsing and getting worse. He won't even allow me to help him and literally physically fights me when I try to get him cleaned up. No sure what to do at this point. I can't keep fighting with him. It is unsafe for both of us. What can or should I do?

Symptoms:  Vision & perception problems, cognitive problems, problems with language, balance and coordination problems, recently gets violent when I try to help him

A:   Thanks for consulting us. Persons who are confined for quiet some time may develop Psychosis. Chances are high with persons having neurological problem. Try to counsel him every day and explain what is the actual scenario. If do not improve, consult Neurophysician for further advice.