Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Releasing sperm while not erect

Releasing sperm while not erect

Patient: Recently I have been releasing sperm every time I urinate even without touching my penis is this dangerous and how can I stop it?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If this happens every time you urinate then it could be a problem which needs to be address ed by a urologist. However, if this happens only once in a while, then it should not be a cause for concern. If you develop pain during urination, and you notice a semen like discharge while urination, it may not be semen but in fact be a purulent exudate (pus). This is a symptom of a urinary tract infection, which needs to be promptly treated with antibiotics. You will have to be examined by a doctor and have a urine test conducted before doing so.Lastly, if you find that whenever you have sexual intercourse, you prematurely ejaculate then you could be developing a condition known as premature ejaculation. This would need to be evaluated by a urologist to determine the exact cause of this. Please see your doctor should your symptoms worsen.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com