Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Remedies for tingling sensation

Remedies for tingling sensation

Patient: Tingling in my left arm began about two weeks ago, kind of like pins and needles or like your feet coming out of being asleep. It started in the upper arm then went to the inside of my arm. As days passed it progressed down my arm but it flipped to the top part of my lower arm down to my wrist. I have wondered if I have a pinched nerve in my neck. I don’t feel any pain, but my left arm has become weaker and shakyer. I am 59 and have fibromyalgia but in generally good health. Is it anything to worry about? Should I get a massage or an adjustment? What kind of doctor would I go to?

Doctor: Yes that could be an impinged nerve. You should see your doctor as soon as possible so a physical exam can be done. Ther e could be a degenerative disease on your cervical (neck) spine that is causing the impinged nerve, or there may be something wrong with the nerve itself. You can go to a neurologist or a rehab specialist since they are experts in this area. If it will take time before you can see a doctor, Vitamin B complex supplements might help. This is not the treatment though but it will cause no harm if you take them. I hope this helps and take care always.