Removing uterus necessary in all cases of fibroids?

Patient

Q: My mother (her age is 47 yrs) was recently diagnosed for uterine fibroids.The size of the USG is 172x138x80 mm size uterus multiple fibroids.The doctors says it is necessary to remove the uterus. But till now she has not suffered any problems in her menstrual bleeding. Is the surgery necessary or there is any other alternative to cure or remove this?

Doctor

A:   Uterine fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) tumors. They do not require any treatment unless they cause symptoms of some kind, such as pain, heavy menstrual bleeding or infertility. Your mother does not appear to have any of the indications for surgery or seem to require any treatment of her fibroids at this time. it is also important to note that the vast majority of fibroids regress with menopause.