Reoccurring yeast infections prevents sexual intercourse

Patient: Can changing my birth control stop yeast infections?

Symptoms: Discharge, itchiness, redness, pain

Doctor: Hello,Its a misconception that birth control pills are the cause for vaginal fungal infections. These are transmitted sexually and can be recurrent if either of the partner harbors the fungal spore and both are not treated together with a course of antifungals. So, the typical white curdy discharge with itching usually confirms a yeast infection , however redness and pain accompanied may indicate a accompanying bacterial infection as well.So it is advisable that you may visit your physician for a vaginal smear culture to identify the causative organisms both fungal and bacterial . This seems more of MIXED VAGINOSIS and have to be treated with antifungals and antibiotics together in form of pessaries or oral medication for a week. Alongside your sexual partner also has to undergo antifungal treatment so that he also stands treated and doesn’t transmit the infection to you again after your treatment if he harbors the spores.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards