Repeat FBC's needed and I don't know why! Original FBC and Endocrine Blood Results listed

Patient

Q: Hello,

I am a 25 year old female. My BMI is approx 20, Waist 24. Not currently taking any medication.

I saw my doctor last week as I have been feeling exhausted, run down, poorly, severe moodswings, dizzy, migraines and lack of energy for over a year. I also had a very large visible gland on my neck, and another 2 very large glands on the side of my right breast, as well as swollen glands in my armpit and both sides of my groin. These glands first appeared 12 days earlier a few days after I had recovered from being poorly (with a fever, bone and joint pain and burning, sore throat, slight swollen gland in neck, and headache for approx 72 hours). The doctor said that I may have been burned out due to stresses over the past couple of years, and the glands may have been post viral, although she was concerned due to the large size and visibility of them. Due to this, she sent me for FBCs, U and E's, bone, liver and Thyroid blood tests last friday. They also took a 21 day progesterone level test, as the doctor was concerned that my full cycle length has been between 13 to 16 days long for the past 4 months. I am trying for my 3rd baby, with no luck. I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis in January 2011,(after suffering with Severe abdo pain and very heavy and long periods, spotting throughout cycle).

I had a call from my surgery on Tuesday, saying that my doctor wanted to repeat the FBCs in 2 to 3 weeks, and also wanted me to make an appointment to see the doctor a few days after the repeat tests to discuss the findings.

I was concerned as they didn't mention what the reason for repeating tests was, so they have given me a copy of my blood test results today. They still have not told me what they think the problem is, and therefore i'm starting to worry!

The U and Es, bone profile, liver function test and thyroid tests are all normal.

The FBC count levels are as follows:

HB 13.9 g dL
WBCs 4.1 10x9 L
Platelet count 302 10x9 L
RBCs 4.32 10x12 L
Packed cell volume 42.5%
MCV 98.4 fL
MCH (OR) 32.2 pg
MCHC 32.8 g dL
Red blood cell distribution width 12.5
Mean platelet volume 8.1 fL
Neutrophil count (OR) 1.8 10x9 L
Lymphocyte count 1.9 10x9 L
Monocyte count 0.3 10x9 L
Eosinophil count 0.1 10x9 L

Endocrine studies as follows:

LH level 14.8 iu L
FSH 7.2 iu L
Oestradiol 217 pmol L
Progesterone 2.3 nmol L
Prolactin 147 miu L
Testosterone 2.6 nmol L
Sex hormone binding glob 69 nmol L

My Repeat FBC has been booked for 10th November, and next appointment with doctor is booked for 13 November. I am going crazy not knowing what is wrong! I now have lots more swollen glands than before, especially in my right breast and lower neck-and all the other glands that I showed the doctor are even larger. I'm also getting a pain between the right side of my neck and right collar bone. My doctor said last week that if these glands are post viral, she would have expected them to disappear within the next couple of days. It is now almost 3 weeks since the virus, but they are getting worse daily! My uncle had Hodgkins Disease. I don't know if this is worth mentioning?? I'm still not falling pregnant either, despite desperately trying on a daily basis!

Please can you tell me what you think the problem may be, and what my doctor is likely to be looking for by requesting a repeat FBC?

Many Thanks

Doctor