Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Repeated shoulder movements in an 8 months old girl: Tic?

Repeated shoulder movements in an 8 months old girl: Tic?

Patient: Hello. My 8 months old daughter suddenly yesterday had repeatedly shoulder frontal moves that last for 10 times app. and then again after some hour 4-5 of them. we had notice it again 3 months ago but it was for 3 times only and never happened again. Is this a tic? should we worry? Thank you very much!

Doctor: There is the possibility that these episodes might correspond to the onset of a seizure problem, but the only way to dif ferentiate if they are just “tics” or something more complicated is with a neurologic evaluation by a Neuropediatrician. I strongly recommend taking your daughter for a comprehensive neurologic evaluation that will give you peace of mind.