Request help

Patient

Q: Hello Sir My fasting glucose several day test from 7.1 to 7.5 mmol after 2 hour break fast 10.9 to 12.5 can i start medication ? Iam 48 years height is 172 cm weight 75kg i have slight burning sensation on my toes Thanks

Symptoms:  slight burning sensation on toes
Doctor

A:   Hi, Your sugar level is under control, as far as fasting sugar is concern. But after meal, sugar above 10.0 is a matter of concern. I advise you to start exercise and diet control after consulting with a dietician. if not respond in 3-6 months, I like to start medicine.
As you have burning sensation on toes, it need to be evaluated, it may be due to diabetes or any other reason.

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.

Guest: I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been for some years now. But as the months have passed my vision is regressing and find it extremely hard to arise out of bed, the pain in the morning is brutal and rate it at about 8 to 9 on a scale of 10. In the past few years my physician has not altered or changed my meds for the pain. I find that the majority of my pain is located on both lower sides above my hips. At time I must use a cane to help me walk. hank you!!
Ronn D.