Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Research for Feature Film

Research for Feature Film

Patient: Hi! Bit of a strange question. I am an actress currently in the middle of making a film where my character dies of a stab wound to the stomach. We have filmed the actual stabbing but I have to film her final scene this weekend and am wondering what kind of condition she would be in at this time. The character is stabbed with a 6 inch army knife in the stomach. The wound is about 8 inches long, horizontal and about an inch below the belly button to the left hand side. In the script the character is dead 35 mins after the accident. The stabbing takes place during a robbery and she is thrown in to the back of a van and taken back to a safe house instead of to a hospital. The scene I am filming involves the character being carried from the van to the house so I am not sure how conscious she would be at this point. I think they have been travelling for about 10 minutes. Thank you for your help!

Doctor: It is difficult to say what her concious level would be. It would depend on the organs/structures injured. She could be uncouncious from severe internal blood loss beaucse of an injury to a major blood vessel or completely alert and aware or any variation inbetween those extremes. There is a lot of wiggle room.

View all posts