x
191 Physicians Online

Question:

Respiratory diseases: Cough and fever

Dear Ask the doctor im suffering at night of attacks of dry cough and fever some days at morning but mostly at night , especially when its cold or when i smell perfumes ,no chest tightness and no dyspnea or wheezing,always feeling drowsy and difficult to remember some thing especially at study this been for more than 2 years,im a hookah smoker for more than 8 years but when i try to stop smoking these attacks becomes more and more and longer ,my mother suffers of branchial asthma and she uses ventolin inhaler what is that could be?

Answer:

You could be having a range of different conditions which could either be allergic asthma like reaction or acute bronchitis due to the hukka smoking or you may be having a lung and respiratory tract infection. You need to see a physician in person and get tested with a complete blood count as well as a chest xray to have a more clearer picture of the situation. All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA