Restarting birth control with an irregular menstrual cycle

Q: I am a 24 year old female and I've always had extremely irregular periods. I was diagnosed with mild PCOS and given birth control to help regulate my cycle. Due to a misunderstanding with my insurance company, my last prescription was never filled and I missed an entire month of pills - resulting in an absent period (no spotting). I am not pregnant and would like to continue with my birth control now that the insurance issue has been cleared up.

In the past, I was given Provera to force my period before starting my very first pack and therefore I am a "day 1" starter. I would like to know if it is ok to restart my birth control on any day and without any sign of menstruation? Or do I need to ask my doctor for Provera again before I can begin a new pack?

Symptoms:  absent period