Resting tremor

Patient

Q: Hi,

My question is regarding my dad. He's 64 and recently noticed a tremor a month ago in his right hand. This seems to be when resting, but also when doing certain things as well. Obviously we're fearing the wort. Every website I find says that pretty much the only cause of resting tremor is parkinsons.

Although he may well have it, I wondered if there was anything else that would cause this?

He's got an appointment with a neurologist but not for ages and in the mean while we are all struggling to stay positive.

Many thanks

Kate

Doctor