Retarded Ejaculation

Patient

Q: Recently, I have become sexually active for the first time in my life. My girlfriend and I have been having sex on an almost daily basis. Despite us being very, very attracted to eachother and loving eachother, we sometimes encounter difficulties. Sometimes during foreplay, I will be erect and then it will just suddenly go away after not very long.. Other problems that I've had occur during intercourse. After just a few minutes, I will lose an erection, almost randomly. It's not like I'm getting exhausted or that I'm unhealthy. I'm 5' 10" and weigh 150 and am just 17 years old. I don't drink or do drugs, and I used to masturbate quite frequently (1-2 times per day).

Just three nights ago, I had the best sex of my life, and came extremely close to ejaculating. I thought it was going to happen, and my girlfriend and I both became very disappointed and concerned about my sexual health. It sucks because she thinks it's because she isn't attractive enough (which definitely isn't the case, and I feel like I'm not doing my part in sex, like I'm not good enough.

Based on my research, I believe I have a case of retarded, or delayed ejaculation. Luckily for me, I know that it isn't ED because I have ejaculated during masturbation before. What do I need to do to get rid of this retarded ejaculation? My girlfriend is convinced now that it is a medical problem, but I don't want to visit a doctor because my parents would know that I'm having sex.. it would also be very uncomfortable to talk about, more than I could probably handle. That's why I came to you.

Doctor