Return to drinking safe

Patient : I stopped drinking after a year or so of drinking almost every night. I only had very mild withdraw for three days. Will I be ok if I now have a beer or two?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Based on your description, it is possible that you are addicted to alcohol, and have worked very hard to overcome this addiction. Having said that, it is very easy to relapse back into alcoholism if you started drinking, albeit casually, once again. We do not recommend that you start drinking again under any circumstance. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com