Revision of Circumcision

Patient

Q: I was circumcised very loose and the fore skin still covers the glans when soft and it can be very annoying with the pubic hair being trapped in the foreskin. I would like to be re circumcised tight if this is possible Thanks

Doctor

A:   It is possible to "re-do" the circumcision. Your surgeon will simply remove a the excess foreskin the leave the glans completely uncovered. This procedure may be performed under local or general anesthesia and does not require you to stay in hospital afterwards. You should speak with a general surgeon or a urologist about having the procedure done.