Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose


Q: I broke my nose a few years ago and there is now an obvious crook in the bridge. It is ugly and I miss my old nose. I was wondering if a doctor could fix it and how? Would I have to get a nose job? (Sorry, i wasn't sure what topic to put this question under, so I put it under sinusitis - nose related)


A:   Good news here - cosmetic aspects of the nose are correctable, The procedure you desire is called RHINOPLASTY and is performed by plastic surgeons or ENT (Ear Nose Throath) specialists.
The procedure is usually performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.  Once the nose has been redesigned, the incision will be closed and a splint will be applied to help it retain its new shape.  The splint and stitches should be removed after one to three weeks.
I recommend speaking to several surgeons before committing to the procedure. It is important you get it done by someone you trust.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, i had a cleft lift surgery/ basscom surgery for removal of Pilonidal cyst last Thursday on 20th October from a BC...

Q: I had Smartlipo 3 months ago and have these dark lines that persist on my inner thighs. I know that hyper-pigmentatio...

Q: I got a single protruded ear so what are the most likely be helpful to retract it to same level with the other one?

Q: I had sliding genioplasty on my chin and needed revisionary surgery on it because of surgical error in placement of t...

Q: My 21 yr old daughter had jaw surgery about a year ago leaving an area about two inches square numb on the left side ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon