Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose

Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose

Patient: I broke my nose a few years ago and there is now an obvious crook in the bridge. It is ugly and I miss my old nose. I was wondering if a doctor could fix it and how? Would I have to get a nose job? (Sorry, i wasn’t sure what topic to put this question under, so I put it under sinusitis – nose related)

Doctor: Good news here – cosmetic aspects of the nose are correctable, The procedure you desire is called RHINOPLASTY and is per formed by plastic surgeons or ENT (Ear Nose Throath) specialists.The procedure is usually performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.  Once the nose has been redesigned, the incision will be closed and a splint will be applied to help it retain its new shape.  The splint and stitches should be removed after one to three weeks.I recommend speaking to several surgeons before committing to the procedure. It is important you get it done by someone you trust.