Rib pain combined with lower back pain

Q: I am experiencing pain in the solar plexus that goes along the base of the ribs on both the left and right sides and on through to the back. The pain makes it difficult to stand straight. When I lay down in the fetal position, I feel a little better. Any idea what this could be

Symptoms:  Burning sensation along the back particularly the lower back

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Severe Muscular Spasm.
I would advise you to get an X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.
For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.
If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.