Right above my butt on my lower back, I have

Patient

Q: Right above my butt on my lower back, I have what feels like two bones that sit side by side that stick out. What is it?
I noticed it when I was in Jr. High and I had P.E. class, I had to do sit ups and every time i went up I could feel it grind on the floor. It did hurt also i can't sit for long without back pain. I have been diagnosed with scoliosis but i feel this is not part of my scoliosis, I could be wrong though.

Symptoms:  Back pain
Right above my butt on my l...-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Scoliosis affects the curvature of the back. Since you have it, you must be affecting the lower back when you do a sit up. This is what is causing the pain in the lower back and the protruding type of bones.

Here is what I recommend. See a Doctor and get the requisite treatment. Hope this will help you. All the best