Right anteroinferolateral knee pain

Q: I have started body building 1 year and 4 months ago, I did excellent in the first 3 months when gradually my weight increased and I increased lifting heavier weights, then the anterolateral part of my right knee (just between lower edge of patella and head of tibia outwards) started to have pain and increased as I continued exercises, it is worst when I do sitting and standing repeatitively (on knee extension) especially when I bear weights, it caused me to quit body building 6 months ago.
Now it has been 6 months and the pain is still there, on comparison when I completely flex both knees I see the head of Tibia of right leg is a little more protruded than the left, also on complete flexion when I press against that protruded part it is tender.
Nowadays the pain is continuous through out the day even at rest and increases at minimum flexion and the only 2 relieving factors are complete extension and bandaging (but do not remove the pain)

Please somebody help me to reach the diagnosis (are my ligaments injured)? and what is the best management?