Right breast leaking clearish liquid

Patient

Q: Hi i have a four and a half year old and have not been pregnant since. but last week ihad sex on my period and for the past three days my breasts have been really sore and last night i noticed that if i squeeze onmy rightone a clearish liquid comes out what could this be?

Doctor

A:   Most of the time, a breast discharge does not signify any serious underlying disease. It may just be a normal physiological response of the body and will subside on its own. But in the case you notice blood in the discharge, feel and lump in the breast or develop a fever, you need to investigate in further.