Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Right ectopic because of appendix operation?

Right ectopic because of appendix operation?

Patient: I had right ectopic on sept 20. took methotrexate 1 doss on sep 7.now i completed 4 month after that? can i try for the next one now? on my 17th age i had an appendix operation.is it the reason for my ectopic?also i had PCOS in both overy. is sonograham will help to find any block in fallopiuean tube?

Doctor: I understand how worried you are about your ectopic pregnancy. After you had your Metothrexate injection, your health ca re provider will monitor your blood for the pregnancy hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG).If the HCG level stabilizes and your menses are normal again, then you might probably be ready to start a new conception. I would suggest you to make an appointment with your Obstetrician-Gynecologist to evaluate your hormone levels due to your PCOS history.Indirectly if you were taking medications to stimulate ovulation due to your PCOS history, certain risk to develop Ectopic pregnancy might occur as well.