Right knee, hurts every time I play sports or land on it

Patient : I'm a 17 year old girl and play volleyball, basketball and track. In March I was having bad knee pains in my right knee. The pain was lower down and around the side of the knee cap. I ignored it during track season and now that volleyball had started again, the pain has come back but worse and it never really goes away. Every time I dive for a ball and my knee hits the ground, I have really bad pain and it is hard to walk on it afterwards. After a few minutes the pain will go down but never goes away. After a hard practice couple days ago, whatever I'm doing the pain is still there but it has also has the burning feeling that won't go away either. What is wrong with me knee?
Symptoms:  Some selling, burning feeling
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your knee pain may be due to patellar tendinitis. This can occur in persons who are in acti ve sports that involve high impact on the joints with a lot of running. It is important that you have this examined by our doctor to determine if you need to take some time away from exercise and sport in order to facilitate healing of this. You will also need to have an xray performed to determine that you do not have any hairline fractures or deterioration of the cartilage of your knee. Please see your doctor. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com