September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Right knee in agony please help

Right knee in agony please help

Patient: I sit crossed legged then when i straighten my left leg its fine but when i straighten my right leg, i get agonising pain where i have to straighten it as slowly as i can, why is my right knee in so much pain? (its my right knee in pain not my whole leg) after ive straightened it the pain goes away after a minute or two. but its only when i sit crossed legged.

Symptoms: Agonising pain when straighten right leg (around my knee is where im in agony)

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It seems that you are having some meniscus injury or pathology in your right knee. You need MRI of your Right knee to see it. Quadriceps exercises may be useful. You can take analgesics such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.