Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Right shoulder pain when running

Right shoulder pain when running

Patient: I get a pain in my right shoulder sometimes whilst running. The pain is occassionally bad enough for me to stop running.it gose a way after a few minutes when i stop running but now and then the next day it aches this somthings stops me from writing e.g

Doctor: Where in the shoulder are you getting most of the pain? I really dont think its the feet movement causing it when runnin g, but the forward and backward motion of your arms when running. From my own personal experience ive seen many people with this type of pain complaining about a sore rotator cuff. Your best bet would be to make an appointment with a physiotherapist as soon as you can to strengthen that area. Icing the shoulder after running is very important as well and try to take some sort of anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen.