Right ventricular dialatation

Patient

Q: Hi doctor, my wife is 7 months pregnant , the last time scan report 2 problems. 1)right ventricular dilatation present. 2)right choroid plexus seen , how to solve the problem.

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

There is nothing much which can be done for the foetus in utero but to follow up with regular scans and watch for a stage where cardiac function may worsen or choroid plexus cyst increases to a size where hydrocephalus is manifested. If the growth of the baby is as per the period of gestation then there is no inter intervention which can be planned nor anything in the diet as supplement can treat the anomalies which are structural and hence supplements are ineffective. Please maintain regular follow up with your obstetrician and if any intervention would be required, it would only be after delivery.

Hope this helps.