Ripped penis fremulum

Patient: Hi on Saturday I was having sexual intercourse with my partner and my frenulum ripped. its completely separated from the tip of the penis and for the first 2 days It was really painful but the last 2 days no pain at all and I was wondering if it was safe to have intercourse/masterbate again

Symptoms: There was a lot of bleeding at the time and again on sunday

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Your frenulum is completely separate d from the tip and that indicates a very bad injury. You need to be very careful and abstain from any masturbation or intercourse for at least 7-10 days even if the pain completely reduces. Any further friction or intercourse can increase the chances of infection.So kindly abstain for at least a week and you can resume your sexual activities. Make sure you maintain your local hygiene to prevent any development of infections.Hope this was helpful.Regards.