Risk of sti infections from hand job

Patient

Q: I have had hand jobs 4 times over a period of 6 months in a massage parlour, the last exposure was about 2.5 months from today . Could you please let me know what are all the sti risks from this ? If the massuer had any cuts or sores on the hand , what s the probability that I 'll get any sti ?

Symptoms:  Sti from hand job
Doctor

A:   Thanks for your question.
There is very little information available about the relative risks of manual sex, because, by the time someone is diagnosed with an STD a very few have engaged in only manual sex. Whereby, a person may have contracted an infection via a manual activity, but upon diagnosis they will have also participated in other sexual activities, and it's nearly impossible to narrow down the exact activity that resulted in their infection.
This doesn't, mean that Blow jobs/hand jobs pose no risks. Logically, the risk is lower than activities like vaginal penetration, oral sex, or humping even, but the nature of STD transmission - skin-to-skin contact, bodily fluids, or blood and fecal matter - indicates that manual sex is not entirely risk free either.
It is to be noted that STDs are transmitted in a number of ways: skin-to-skin contact, transfer of bodily fluids (genital or oral), and blood or fecal matter. Because manual sex (hand jobs) can involve skin-to-skin contact and is frequently practiced with unwashed hands, there is a low risk of infection with pathogens such as bacterial vaginosis (BV/vaginitis), herpes simplex, the human papillomavirus (HPV), molluscum contagious, pubic lice, and scabies. Should manual sex involve contact with bodily fluids, there's a lower risk of infections like cytomegalovirus and mononucleosis.
So theoretically there is the risk, but difficult to predict.