Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Robaxacet extra strength with kidney problems

Robaxacet extra strength with kidney problems

Patient: I have 2 Kist on one of my kidneys and I had them drained to releive the pain. My doctor prescribed my Robaxacet extra strenght because of back pain. Is it safe to take this medication when I have kidney problems?

Doctor: With kidney problems, every medication should be taken with precaution, preferably with your doctor’s guidance and super ervision to avoid any stress on kidney functions. Robaxacet may be an option for pain relief (as it does not have major harmful effects on kidneys) compared to other pain killers or NSAIDs that predominantly affect the kidney functions.