Rogaine Foam or Kirkland minodixil liquid or Lipogaine

Patient

Q: Which minodixil 5% based product shall i use ?

Rogaine Foam or Kirkland minodixil liquid or Lipogaine Solution.

All these have Minodixil 5% but as per internet Lipogaine has DHT inhibitors to. But i am not it will really work?

does DHT inhibitor over scalp works? please suggest me which one among i should be using for long term.

I haven't started my hairfall regime yet.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Both DHT inhibitors and Minoxidil can be used to slow the progression of hair loss due to androgenic alopecia (one of the most common forms of hair loss in males). However, these products cannot induce hair follicles that no longer function to regrow hair. In choosing any over the counter hair loss product it is important to note that they come with side effects of irritation of the scalp, and in some cases, sexual dysfunction (minoxidil). All three of your mentioned brand names contain the same medication and in theory will work with equal efficacy. Before starting, please consult your doctor to make sure you are not at any risk of adverse side effects from using these medications, as well as your current medical conditions (if any) will permit you to safely use any of these products.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com