Rotated third metacarpal

Patient : Last week, I fractured my third metacarpal. It is slightly displaced, and slightly rotated. my orthopedic surgeon said it was probably only rotated about 1 degree. When I make a fist, my middle finger crosses slightly over my ring finger, but other than that, I can discern no difference. It is my non-dominant hand, so my doctor said surgery isn't required. He said with the small rotation and displacement, surgery isn't necessary, but that I should still consider it. He says if I leave it as is, I will lose no function in it, but the idea that it's crooked bothers me. Would you get surgery or not?
Doctor :   It seems the only indication for surgery is cosmetic. Since there is no medical indication, you should weigh the risks o f surgery versus the benefits. The only benefit to be achieved by doing surgery is that your finger will look better though I suspect that it does not look as bad as you think.  The risks include complications of anesthesia, infection and bleeding among others. However, these risks are usually very minimal. Though the risks are small, they outweigh the benefit of surgery.