Rotator Cuff Tear Treatment Options

Patient: Hello, I am 32 years old and I have crohn’s disease, i was having severe shoulder pain and after the second surgery my physician tells me that I have a massive rotator cuff tear, and the only way to fix it is do a tendon transfer or a total shoulder replacement, I was wondering if there are any other treatment options.

Doctor: Unfortunately, without the benefit of physical examination findings and the results of the imaging tests you have done i am not able to give you a definitive answer to your question. However, based on the recommendation of your surgeon it seems you have suffered quite a significant injury and if this injury goes untreated will leave you with significant impairment. Since you are unsure about the treatment options offered, seek a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon. Be sure to take all the results of previous tests with you. Sorry, I could not be more helpful. Best of luck to you