Roughness of the head of the Penis

Patient : Hi, over the last few days I've noticed that on the head of my penis, just above the foreskin, has became rather rough. There seems to be a little bit of flakiness, but it is not sore, nor has it took on a different color or causes me any concern whilst peeing. Though what do you think it could be?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this area could be a minor abrasion caused by friction or a small area of contact dermatitis. It will have to be examined in order to determine for certain what the exact cause it. Depending on what the etiology of this lesion is, you may need to be prescribed a topical coriticosteroid cream specially formulated for the sensitive skin of your genital area. This should clear up the lesion without complication. Please follow up with your doctor to have the area carefully examined and proceed with treatment. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical question.