Round patches of hair loss

Patient : Im 22 and was doing my hair and found a bald spot very scary. I do stress out alot but don't have any condicions i know of that would cuase this.why would i get a bald spot?and my hair is falling out more and more?I also notice that I get really bloated after I eat and I'm gaining weight
Doctor :   The most probable cause of your hair loss is a condition known as alopecia areata. This presents as round patches of hai r loss. Thought the cause of alopecia areata is not known, this condition usually runs in families. Usually no treatment of alopecia areata is required and the hair will regrown in a few months. Severe cases may require topical steroids, minoxidil and UV light therapy.