Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Routine masturbation

Routine masturbation

Patient: Is it healthy to masturbate once a day. 32 year old male. I have a stressful job and this helps me out a lot. My erections are strong but I usually come within 30 seconds to 1 minute of direct stimulation.

Symptoms: Low semen volume. Very quick ejaculation.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It is usually fine to masturbate once a day. It would be even better if this is done wit hout the use of pornographic aids as far as possible. This is because some people develop ED when they watch too much pornography.The reason is because they expect real life sex to be like a porn fantasy. Also, as far as possible or as often as possible. Have a real life relationship. This should help you.