Runner's issue with knee

Q: I am a 70 yr old runner and have recently had a MRI with this report. TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar multisequence imaging was performed through the right knee without contrast.
FINDINGS: The anterior and the posterior cruciate ligaments are intact. The medial collateral ligament and the lateral collateral complex are normal in appearance. There is extrusion of the anterior horn of the medial meniscus anteriorly from the joint space. There is a complex tear involving the body extending into the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. This extends to the inferior margin of the meniscus within the posterior horn. There is extrusion of the body of the lateral meniscus from the joint space and there is a horizontal tear involving the body of the lateral meniscus extending into a horizontal tear within the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus. There is a large knee effusion. There is moderate to severe loss of cartilage throughout all three compartments of the knee. No bone marrow edema is demonstrated. The extensor mechanism and patellar retinaculum are intact. How do I choose the surgeon and what should I expect to hear from the surgeon?